Friday, September 12, 2008

fuck me gently with a chainsaw

Been reading bret ellis lately.

i can almost see it. elvis costello watching you at my window.

one red. one blue.

lenses or pills im not quite sure as of late.

Sometimes I think I need you more than I should.
The elephant in the room is going off inside my chest.

Icicles in my fingertips.
Always feeling like we are just waiting on the world to end.
I wish this was easier.
I'm terrified you'll regret your best intentions.
"You are the reason behind my smile".

I've never grown up.
Stuck inside the palm of a fortune teller.
I'd tell you the future of everything.
If I only had a clue.

Real or imaginary.
Sometimes I'm not sure who is real and who is realistic.
Sometimes I feel each and every mile in my veins.

Counting the tiles on the bathroom floor.
Recounts of every attempt to quiet the world for just a little bit.
What would your mom say about the mess you (really) are?

Hide and go seek sickness (30 day detox).
What's wrong is the only thing that has ever felt right.

I (don't) wanna
I w(on't)ill let myself sometimes
Pull a hood up and turn the volume up on the headphones
Think of what it'd be like not to think at all

A funeral built for two
shudders in the thunder
lightning in our words
(you make my hair stand on end)

sabotage my head (it is an inside job)
ransom (letters) in bottles
letters sealed with broken hearts and tears

we're the dreamers that never win
make believe your way out of this
this isn't over by a longshot.

it's like a car crash in reverse.
or maybe even in slow motion
either way you don't see me coming.
but you always know the way fear tastes in your throat.

It's the end of the summer and I'm feeling (self) destructive.

Unsupervised and unwise
push it to the edge.
feel the rush of almost giving in.

I'm only at my best when I'm at my worst

Hot and cold flashes
indecisive choices
the red or blue pill
let's take them all and really escape reality.

let's hang out in the bottom of a well
rescue MEmories.